[FAM-news] reminder for upcoming seminars and talks

Sandra Trenovatz sandra at fam.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Sep 9 11:59:23 CEST 2020

To Whom it May Concern:

after stopping FAM-news in spring, we again start to inform about talks
and events in the area of Financial and Actuarial Mathematics.

As due to the COVID-19 pandemic the number of interesting events which
can be visited online increased almost exponentially in spring.  We
therefore can only send a selection and moreover refer to other
webpages, e.g.,

https://mathseminars.org/
(= https://researchseminars.org/)

On the FAM-homepage you can find a collection of links / webpages:

https://fam.tuwien.ac.at/events/

Below you can find a selection of upcoming talks & events.

Best wishes,
Sandra / FAM-office

One World Actuarial Research Seminar

We., 09.09.2020, 14:00 (UTC +2:00 = CEST), online talk

Ronald Richman (QED Actuaries & Consultants, South Africa)
"Time-Series Forecasting of Mortality Rates using Deep Learning"

For further details (including abstracts) see
http://www.maths.usyd.edu.au/u/munir/owars/

Bachelier Finance Society World Seminar

Th., 10.9.2020, 19:00 (UTC +2:00 = CEST), online talk

Christa Cuchiero (University of Vienna)
"Universality of affine and polynomial processes"

For further details (including abstract & log-in link) see:
https://ethz.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0odO-grDwtGNM3thymEG-50Rm_TyyEQ_Kz
or
https://www.bachelierfinance.org/bachelier-finance-society-world-seminars-online

Risk Day 2020

Fr., 11.09.2020, 12:15 (UTC +2:00 = CEST), online talk

Lara J. Warner (Credit Suisse)
"Transformation Risk"

For further details (incl. registration) see:
https://risklab.ch/news-and-events/risk-day.html