[FAM-news] upcoming seminars and talks

Sandra Trenovatz sandra at fam.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Apr 21 08:04:27 CEST 2020

Finance Brown Bag Seminar

Tu., 21.4.2020, 13:30-14:30 (Central European Summer Time), online talk

   Daniele D’Arienzo (Bocconi University)
   https://sites.google.com/view/daniele-darienzo/
   "Increasing Overreaction and Excess Volatility
    of Long-​Term Interest Rates"

To get the access to the online talk please contact <bbs-​finance at wu.ac.at>.

For further details (including abstracts) see
https://www.wu.ac.at/en/finance/research/brown-bag-seminar/

One World Actuarial Research Seminar

We., 22.4.2020, 10:00 (Central European Summer Time)

   Mario Wuethrich (ETH)
   https://people.math.ethz.ch/~wueth/
   "From Generalized Linear Models to Neural Networks, and Back"
   (One World Actuarial Research Seminar)

For further details (including abstracts) see
http://www.maths.usyd.edu.au/u/munir/owars/

The Zoom link will also be available on this website 15min prior to a
scheduled talk.

Online International Conference OICA 2020

Online International Conference in Actuarial Science, Data Science and
Finance (OICA 2020)

Tu.-We. April 28-29, 2020

http://oica.univ-lyon1.fr/

Registration is free but compulsory.
Registration deadline: April 23, 2020

Invited Plenary Speakers:
   Beatrice ACCIAIO (LSE, London, UK)
   José BLANCHET (Stanford University, CA, USA)
   Caroline HILLAIRET (ENSAE, Paris, France)
   Nora PANKRATZ (UCLA, CA, USA)
   Jae Kyung WOO (UNSW, Sydney, Australia)

Covid19 is going to change the financial markets and the
insurance-reinsurance network.  As actuarial science, data science and
finance researchers, we cannot easily help for the current phase as we
are not medical doctors or epidemiologists.  But we can help to
mitigate/manage the financial/risk management consequences by carrying
out relevant research in 2020-2021.  For this we need to learn NOW from
experts and decision makers what the research challenges are.

Therefore we are organising an online conference on April 28-29, 2020
with two goals:

ACTUARIAL/DATA SCIENCE/FINANCIAL TOPICS:
Enabling researchers and young researchers to present actuarial / data
science / financial research that was done before covid19 (therefore NOT
related to covid19)

COVID 19 RELATED ROUNDTABLES:
Having 1 or 2 roundtables that describe covid19 implications on the
economy, and which help us to know which research topics we could
investigate in the future if we want to help (WACA roundtables : What
Actuaries Could Accomplish Researchwise in 2020-21).

We also planned (classical) plenary talks on topics that could be useful
for post-covid research, as well as a quite different talk by José
Blanchet about a social platform startup that he created in response to
covid19 in US and Mexico and the associated data science future challenges.

Scientific committee : Hansjoerg Albrecher (Lausanne), Katrien Antonio
(Leuven), Benjamin Avanzi (Melbourne), Pauline Barrieu (LSE), Mercè
Claramunt (Barcelona), Nicole El Karoui (Paris), Romuald Elie
(Berkeley), Stéphane Loisel (ISFA, chair), Mogens Steffensen
(Copenhagen), Ruodu Wang (Waterloo), Hailiang Yang (Hong-Kong U.)

#StayHome - Actuarial Seminar

53 minutes (online since 2020-04-19)

   Mario Wuethrich (ETH)
   https://people.math.ethz.ch/~wueth/