[FAM-news] Upcoming events in Vienna and Linz

Sandra Trenovatz sandra at fam.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Sep 6 20:45:40 CEST 2012

Event organised by FAM @ TU Wien

PRisMa 2012: One-Day Workshop on Portfolio Risk Management

Friday, October 5th, 2012, Vienna University of Technology
http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/prisma2012/

Organized by:
    PRisMa Lab, http://www.prismalab.at/
    Prof. Dr. Uwe Schmock (FAM @ TU Wien)

Sponsored by:
    Christian Doppler Research Association
    Bank Austria
    Austrian Federal Financing Agency (ÖBFA)
    COR&FJA
    Österreichische Kontrollbank (OeKB)

Participation and Registration:
    Participation is free, and there is no official registration -
    nevertheless for administrative reasons we would be happy if
    you write a short email to our secretary (fam at fam.tuwien.ac.at)
    with your name and university or company.

CPD:
    For actuaries, this workshop counts up to 5.5 points for their
    continuing professional development. For a corresponding certificate,
    please register in advance for the morning and/or afternoon part of
    the workshop by sending an email with your name and postal address
    to the workshop secretary (see below) and sign up when you actually
    attend the workshop.

Event at Wolfgang Pauli Institute

Three-Day-Conference

  +-------------------------------------------
  | "Financial Engineering for Energy and Commodity
  | Risk Management and hedging of Commodity Derivatives"

September 17-19, 2012 (Monday to Wednesday),
Wolfgang Pauli Institut / University of Vienna:
1090 Wien, Nordbergstrasse 15

Invited Talks:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    René Aid, Electricité de France
    Ole Barndorff-Nielsen, Aarhus University
    Michael Coulon, Princeton University
    Matt Davidson, Kyloe Energy & University of Western Ontario
    Emanuel Gobet, Ecole Polytechnique, Paris
    Ruediger Kiesel, Lehrstuhl, Duisburg
    Kevi Kindall, CononoPhilipps
    Delphine Lautier, Paris-Dauphine
    Brenda-Lopez Cabrera, Humboldt University, Berlin
    Esteban Tabak, Courant Institute, New York
    Peter Tankov,U. de Paris 7, Paris
    Xavier Warin, Electricite de France, Paris

Registration:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Registration is free but mandatory up to 2 weeks prior
    to the event. To register, send a request to:
    Peter Laurence <laurenceWPI at gmail.com>
    (Please register individually and not in groups.)

Conference web site:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
http://www.wpi.ac.at/theme_view.php?id_theme=86
and/or "Conference II" on:
http://www.math.nyu.edu/~laurence/Wpi/vienna-Energy-bis.htm

Event at Johannes Kepler University Linz

1st Austrian Stochastics Days
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

September 24-25 (Monday to Tuesday), Johannes Kepler University Linz
http://stochastics-mathematics.uibk.ac.at/stochasticsdays/

General information:
    The Austrian Stochastics Days are intended to provide scientists
    and young researchers working in Stochastics an opportunity to
    meet each other and present there results.

Organizing committee:
    Evelyn Buckwar (Universität Linz)
    Christel Geiss (Universität Innsbruck)
    Erika Hausenblas (Montanuniversitaet Leoben)

Registration (deadline: Sept. 13):
    To register, send an e-mail to <austrian.stochasticdays at gmail.com>.

Talk (deadline: Sept. 13):
    If you would like to give a talk please send an abstract in Latex
    to <austrian.stochasticdays at gmail.com>.

Accommodation (deadline: Sept. 3):
    Regarding accommodation, please make your own reservation at
    the Sommerhaus http://www.sommerhaus-hotel.at/en/