[FAM-news] Start Prize 2012, Talk, Upcoming Events

Sandra Trenovatz sandra at fam.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Jun 23 04:29:35 CEST 2012

To Whom it May Concern:

this week I congratulate our neighbour in Freihaus, Dr. Franz Schuster
from the Department for Discrete Mathematics and Geometry, who was
awarded a START Prize 2012 of the Austrian Science Fund (FWF):
http://www.fwf.ac.at/de/public_relations/press/pa20120612.html .
He will give a talk at Schachermayer's Probability-Seminar - see below.

Furhermore I send you some selected events for the next months.

As in the next weeks I most probably won't send weekly emails
I wish you a relaxed summer :-)

Best regards, Sandra (FAM-office)

Talk at University of Vienna

Mo, 25.06.2012, 17:00, seminar room D 1.07
1040 Wien, Nordbergstraße 15, University of Vienna, UZA 4, 1st floor

    Franz Schuster (TU Vienna)
    http://www.dmg.tuwien.ac.at/schuster/
    "Affine Analytic Inequalities"
    (Seminar on Probability Theory)

For abstract see
http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/~finance_hp/seminarSS12_prob.html

Upcoming Events

6th European Congress of Mathematics, July 2-7, Krakow, Poland;
http://6ecm.ptm.org.pl/

EPSRC Symposium Workshop - Optimal stopping, optimal control and
finance, July 16-20, 2012, University of Warwick, GB;
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/maths/research/events/2011-2012/symposium1112/ws8/

25th International Summer School of the Swiss Association of Actuaries,
August 13-17, 2012, University of Lausanne, Switzerland;
http://www.saa-iss.ch/

1st European Actuarial Journal (EAJ) Conference, September 6-7, 2012,
University of Lausanne, Switzerland;
http://www.eaj2012.org/

International Summer Academy 2012 on Advanced Stochastic Methods to
Model Risk, September 9-22, 2012, Ulm University, Ulm, Germany;
http://www.uni-ulm.de/mawi/summer-academy-2012/

ETH Risk Day 2012 - Mini-Conference on Risk Management in Finance and
Insurance, September 14, 2012, ETH Zurich, Switzerland;
http://www.ccfz.ch/events/forthcoming-events/ccfz14092012.html

Second International Conference on Energy and Commodities, September
17-19, 2012, WPI Vienna, Austria;
http://www.math.nyu.edu/~laurence/Wpi/vienna-Energy5N-bis.htm

International Summer Academy 2012 on Advanced Stochastic Methods to
Model Risk, September 9-22, 2012, Ulm University, Germany;
http://www.uni-ulm.de/mawi/summer-academy-2012/

International Conference "Stochastic Optimization and Optimal Stopping",
September 24–28, 2012, Steklov Mathematical Institute, Moscow, Russia;
http://soandos.mi.ras.ru/

Conference in Honour of Professor Freddy Delbaen - Perspectives in
Analysis and Probability, September 24-28, 2012, ETH Zurich, Switzerland;
http://www.fim.math.ethz.ch/conferences/2012/Conference_Delbaen/

4th Berlin Workshop on Mathematical Finance for Young Researchers,
October 11-13, 2012, HU Berlin, Germany;
http://www.qfl-berlin.de/workshop2012