[FAM-news] reminder for upcoming seminars and talks

Sandra Trenovatz sandra at fam.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Nov 19 01:51:40 CET 2011

This time we announce a talk at University of Vienna

Mo, 21.11.2011, 17:00-18:30, seminar room D101, UZA 4
University of Vienna, Nordbergstraße 15, 1040 Wien

    Anton Arnold (TU Wien)
    http://www.anum.tuwien.ac.at/~arnold/
    "Bakry-Emery calculus for drift-diffusion
     equations - deterministic approach II"
    (Seminar Wahrscheinlichkeitstheorie)

For further details see:
http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/finance/seminarWS11.html

Furthermore we announce a two day mini-course at the
Wolfgang Pauli Institute in January 2012 (registration necessary).

Two Day Mini-Course
on Fourier Methods in Mathematical Finance and in Commodity Markets

Monday, January 16, 2012:

    Prof. Ernst Eberlein (University of Freiburg)
    http://www.stochastik.uni-freiburg.de/~eberlein/
    "General Methods for Levy processes"

Tuesday, January 17, 2012:

    Prof. Fred Benth (University of Oslo)
    http://folk.uio.no/fredb/
    "Applications to Commodity Markets,
     especially electricity markets"

Place: Wolfgang Pauli Institute, Vienna
Organizers: Fred Benth, Peter Laurence, Valery Kholodnyi

Registration: Free, but a limited amount of seats available.
How to register?: send email to <laurenceWPI at gmail.com>

See web page for updates and exact location:
http://www.math.nyu.edu/~laurence/Wpi/vienna-Energy-bis.htm