[FAM-news] reminder, this/next week's seminars

Sandra Trenovatz sandra at fam.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Nov 12 15:10:30 CET 2010

This time we announce one talk at TU Wien and one at Uni Wien:

Mo, 15.11.2010, 17:00-18:30, seminar room C 209, UZA 4
University of Vienna, Nordbergstraße 15, 1040 Wien

    Friedrich Penkner (University of Vienna)
    "Mimicking stochastic processes"

Th, 18.11.2010, 16:00, seminar room 101B
1040 Wien, Wiedner Hauptstr. 8, Freihaus, 3rd floor, green section

    Philipp Dörsek (TU Wien, E101)
    "A Semigroup Point Of View On Splitting Schemes
     For Stochastic (Partial) Differential Equations"

Abstract:
We consider weak approximations of S(P)DEs. To extend the
numerical analysis of splitting schemes to realistic assumptions on
characteristics and test functions, we introduce Banach spaces of
functions with controlled growth, generalising the Feller property to
non-locally compact state spaces. We prove optimal rates of convergence
for the Ninomiya-Victoir splitting applied to general Da Prato-Zabczyk
type equations and the HJM equations from interest rate theory.