[FAM-news] reminder, this week's seminars - one more talk

Sandra Trenovatz sandra at fam.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Apr 20 16:50:24 CEST 2010

Th, 22.04.2010, 16:30, Seminarraum 101C (!!!)
(1040 Wien, Wiedner Hauptstr. 8, Freihaus, 4th floor, green section)

    Robert Stelzer (TU München)
    "Derivative Pricing and Long Memory in the Multivariate Ornstein-
     Uhlenbeck type Stochastic Volatility Model"

Abstract:
In this talk we consider a multivariate stochastic volatility model for
financial assets based on positive semi-definite Ornstein-Uhlenbeck type
processes. First we discuss the pricing of financial derivatives in this
model focusing especially on pricing via Laplace transforms and we show
that calibration to observed prices becomes very feasible when choosing
appropriate parametric assumptions. We illustrate this with a data
example from foreign exchange markets.
In the second part of the talk we consider an extension of the model
allowing to capture long range dependence in the squared returns. To
this end we introduce supOU processes defined in terms of a Levy basis
(or infinitely divisible independently scattered random measure). After
analysing some of their properties, we look at the implications of using
them as the instantaneous covariance matrix processes in a stochastic
volatility model.

(see also: http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/events/)