[FAM-news] position in mathematical finance/economics (fwd)

Walter Schachermayer by way of Andreas Schamanek schamane at fam.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Oct 6 12:59:56 CEST 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 15:22:39 -0700
From: Ulrich Haussmann <uhaus at math.ubc.ca>
Subject: position in mathematical finance/economics

The Mathematics Department at the University of British Columbia is
looking to fill an opening in mathematical finance/economics as I will
retire in 2007. The group in mathematical finance and economics
consists of I. Ekeland, U. Horst and R. Kuske in the Mathematics
Department, and A. Lazrak and T. Wang in the Finance Division.  We
offer an MSc program in the field and we participate in MITACS
( http://www.mitacs.ca/main.php?mid=10000019&pid=79&proid=16 ), a
government sponsored initiative to foster interaction with industry.
UBC hosts the headquarters of PIMS, the Pacific Institute for
Mathematical Sciences ( http://www.pims.math.ca/ ) which sponsors many
workshops and sessions in diverse areas of the mathematical sciences.
We are looking for outstanding candidates with some post-doctoral
experience. For further details please see
http://www.math.ubc.ca/Dept/deptJobs.shtml#RegularFaculty

                                 Ulrich Haussmann

Ulrich Haussmann                            Tel: 604-822-3045
Department of Mathematics                   Fax: 604-822-6074
University of British Columbia  email: uhaus at math.ubc.ca
121 - 1984 Mathematics Rd.                  URL:
Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z2            http://www.math.ubc.ca/~uhaus