[FAM-news] VO Ausgewaehlte Kap aus stoch Finanzmathematik

Walter Schachermayer by way of Andreas Schamanek schamane at fam.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Oct 2 12:22:10 CEST 2006

Liebe Family,

my lecture "Ausgewaehlte Kapitel der stoch FM" (wednesdays 9:45 - 11:15) is
adressed to PhD students in Math Fin and related areas and might also be of
interest for postdocs etc.

The first lecture will take place on

wednesday, 11 Oct.

I have not made up my mind yet what I am going to teach and I see 3
possibilities.

1. Recent papers (like the enclosed note on affine processes by Jan Kallsen)
on topics of interest (risk measures, transaction costs, utility
maximisation etc). In this case I would spend typically 2 - 3 lectures on
one paper and then take the next one.

2. Selected chapters of Revuz/Yor

3. Selected chapters of Bertoin (Levy processes).

Maybe we can discuss on wednesday over some sushis which of these plans is
most popular among you.

Regards from Walter

Attachment note:

 Jan Kallsen: A didactic note on affine stochastic volatility models.
 http://pcstatistik15.ma.tum.de/kallsen/timechange3.pdf