[FAM-news] FAM-news 2006

Sandra Trenovatz sandra at fam.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jan 9 13:13:51 CET 2006

Dear Friends,

the Financial and Actuarial Mathematics Group
wishes everyone a prosperous New Year.

In 2006 the FAM-group plans 2 workshops and
numerous talks within the new Christian Doppler Laboratory:

	"Half-Day Workshop
        on Credit Risk and Risk Transfer"
        Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 2pm to 6pm
	http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/events/wwtf2006/

   	"Final Workshop
	of the Research Training Network
	Evolution Equations for Deterministicand Stochastic Systems"
	June 5 to June 8, 2006
	http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/events/rtn-workshop/

        7 talks of young researchers in January 2006:
	http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/events/

	Christian Doppler Laboratory
	"Portfolio Risk Management (PRisMa)"
        http://prisma.fam.tuwien.ac.at/

For events in 2005 our webpages are updated:

	"Workshop on Portfolio Risk Management (PRisMa 2005)"
	http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/prisma2005/
	Now you can find more information to the talks,
	e.g. presentation slides, related publications, ...

	FAM goes public:
	"Von A wie Aktie bis S wie Sterbewahrscheinlichkeit"
	http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/public/
	This pages are in German language:
	You can find simulations, games, and a lot of interesting
	information and explanations which were presented on 8 posters
	at the "Lange Nacht der Forschung" in October 2005.

To make all this activities possible, we sincerly thank our sponsors
(CDG, WWTF, FWF, ÖNB, EU, BA-CA), all persons collaborating with us, as well
as our dedicated colleagues within the research group FAM.

Walter Schachermayer       Uwe Schmock
Head of Department         Head of Research Group
--
Financial & Actuarial Mathematics Group: http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/
FAM @ TU Vienna, Wiedner Hauptstraße 8 / e105, A-1040 Vienna, Austriaaa