[FAM-news] Cambridge University - Lectureship Vacancy (fwd)

Andreas Schamanek schamane@fam.tuwien.ac.at
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 11:37:39 +0100 (CET)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 10:11:35 +0000 (GMT)
From: Julia Blackwell <J.L.Blackwell@statslab.cam.ac.uk>
Subject: Cambridge University - Lectureship Vacancy

Can I draw your attention to two positions that we currently
have vacant?

	http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/Vacancies/

These are established positions, for mid-career or junior
colleagues with active research in mathematical finance (or
possibly probability or statistics); we are able to appoint at
any point on the stated salary scale, and the positions are
extremely attractive in addition because:

*  Cambridge teaching is completed in three 8-week blocks

*  If the person appointed does not become a Fellow of a
   College, the teaching duties are lecturing (typically in
   the range 40-60 hours per year) and examining.

*  The students here are outstandingly good, and lecture
   courses can be set at a high level and fast pace

*  The Centre for Mathematical Sciences is one of the largest
   and most impressive centres for mathematics in the world

*  There are strong links with colleagues in Economics and
   the Judge Institute of Management.

The closing date for applications is 5th January 2004.

Chris Rogers

Julia Blackwell
Statistical Laboratory
Centre for Mathematical Sciences