STELLE NICHT MEHR VAKANT - BITTE NICHT MEHR BEWERBEN!!!
Open to new ideas. Since 1365. The University of Vienna is a research university with high international visibility and a wide range of degree programmes. We are committed to basic research that is open to applications and to research-led teaching, as well as to the dialogue with economy and society. We strive to actively promote the careers of young researchers, to contribute to the education of future generations and to augment the society’s ability to innovate. We invite you to become part of this dynamic and vibrant organisation.
At the Faculty of Mathematics of the University of Vienna the position of a
Tenure-Track Professorship for the field of Mathematical Finance
(full-time position) is to be filled.
The successful candidate has a broad mathematical background and an outstanding research record in mathematical finance and probability. Connections to other fields in analysis, statistics or stochastic optimisation are especially welcome. A strong dedication to research and teaching in pure and applied mathematics is expected.
Successful candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Doctoral degree/PhD and at least two years post-doctoral experience at a university or other research institution; as a general rule, applicants must have gained research experience outside the University of Vienna for a total of at least two years during or after their doctoral studies
- Outstanding achievements and potential in research, excellent publication record, international reputation
- Experience in designing and participating in research projects, ability to lead research groups, willingness to acquire third-party funding
- Enthusiasm for excellent teaching, teaching experience at universities or a teaching concept. Candidates are expected to be willing to teach students at all levels (bachelor's, master's, or doctoral level), to supervise academic theses and to promote junior colleagues
The University of Vienna expects the successful candidate to acquire, within three years, proficiency in German sufficient for teaching in bachelor’s programmes and for participation in university committees.
- the opportunity to obtain a permanent position and eventual promotion to full professor. The successful candidate is hired as “Assistant professor” for a maximum duration of six years. If the candidate meets the conditions stipulated in the qualification agreement, the assistant professor is promoted to tenured “associate professor”, i.e. obtains a permanent position. If the conditions are not met, the employment will end upon expiry of the contract. Associate professors can be promoted to “full professor” through a university-internal competitive procedure.
- at least a salary according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement for University Staff: Collective Bargaining Agreement for University Staff: section 49, job group A2
- in addition to the statutory social insurance, the University of Vienna offers a pension scheme to its employees
- a dynamic research environment
- attractive working conditions in a city with a high quality of life
- a wide range of support services offered by central service institutions
The University of Vienna is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity (https://personalwesen.univie.ac.at/en/gender-equality-diversity/diversity/). The University strives to increase the share of women in professorial positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Please submit a single PDF document named “LastName_FirstName.pdf” to email@example.com containing the following information (in English).
- Cover Sheet and Table of Contents
- Application letter, including a brief description of:
- motivation to apply for the position
- current research interests and research plans for the future
- current and planned foci in academic teaching and the supervision of early career researchers
- Academic curriculum vitae, including information about:
- education, degrees (incl. information about the PhD granting institution and the exact date DD.MM.YYYY when the PhD was conferred), professional experience as well as applicable family/care/... times
- "esteem factors" (e.g. experiences as a publisher, functions in research societies or programme committees)
- previous and current cooperation partners
- Full list of publications, including:
- highlight and separately list five key publications which the applicant considers particularly relevant to the advertised tenure-track professorship
- provide links to these five key publications for download (if not available: full text electronic version in appendix)
- describe your publication strategy, including targeted publishers and journals
- provide information about peer review of publications
- if common in your field of research provide information about indexation (e.g. SCIE, SSCI, AHCI), citations resp. book reviews received or other indicators of scientific quality/international visibility
- List of scientific talks
- Name invited lectures and presentations at international conferences
- Third-party funding
- complete list of acquired third-party funded projects as PI (role, subject, duration, funding agency, funding volume), and, if applicable, of inventions/patents
- Academic Teaching and Supervision
- list courses taught and theses supervised
- explain your teaching and supervision concept (max. 3 pages)
Appendices to application document (in a single PDF or ZIP file named "LastName_FirstName_Appendices.pdf/zip"):
- Five key publications as electronic full text version (if not publicly available)
- Teaching evaluations (if available, compiled into a single PDF file)
- Copies of certificates of academic degrees (mandatory, compiled into a single PDF file)
Reference no.: 10535
The application deadline is 18.03.2020.
(Direktlink zum Stellenangebot)
Bei der Bewerbung bitte auf die FAM-jobs Seite verweisen.