The bank is as good as people making it.
For that we are looking for a....
Quantitative Analyst, Risk Control
Erste Bank der Oesterreichischen Sparkassen AG is a leading financial institution in Central Europe (CEE). With our excellent product range - from investments to financing and insurance - we focus our business on retail, medium-sized enterprises as well as institutional clients.
Our banking group is expanding in the economically dynamic markets of Central Europe. Our goal is to offer unparalleled service and a wide range of products to more than fifteen million clients.
To reach this goal, we use all existing and new distribution channels to be as close as possible to our clients. The benchmark for our success is the expectation of our clients and shareholders.
Group Market Risk Control is a central independent risk control unit of Erste Bank Group. It's main responsibilities are:
- Calculation of all market risks of Erste Bank Group based on Value at Risk. Operation and development of the group's internal model for trading book activities (central risk management and local operation of the internal model in subsidiaries and branches).
- Risk Control of Group's Banking Book and Insurance subsidiaries with respect to integrated risk measurement on a financial conglomerate level.
- Risk Control Structured Finance: Quantitative analysis (Deal-Valuation, risk analysis, risk aggregation) and group wide reporting on all investments in Collateralized Debt Obligations, ABS and Managed Funds
The main responsibilities will be:
Risk Control of Group's Banking Book and Insurance subsidiaries with respect to integrated risk measurement on a financial conglomerates level:
- Operation and development of the group's banking book model in close cooperation with ALM (Asset &Liability Management) units and other risk management units within the group. Apart from the operation of the model for Risk Management needs (specific reporting and controlling needs) the main focus of the job is on methodological enhancements with respect to the modelling of long term horizon risks and functional improvements of a vendor system (QRM).
- The challenging aspects in the analysis of insurance companies are even longer risk horizons, more diverse asset classes and insurance specific risks. This results in important methodological questions with respect to the consolidation of risks on the level of a financial conglomerate.
- Reporting: contribute to the production of top management reporting
- Specific project oriented work in other risk categories
- University degree (preferentially statistics, mathematics, computer science, physics, business administration or actuarial studies)
- Strong experience in the field of Quantitative Finance: modelling skills, numerical methods, stochastic calculus, theoretical and (preferably) practical product knowledge
- Strong IT skills, preferentially SQL, working experience with databases and Unix, C/C++, Java, VBA, R;
- Ability to work well within a team and communicate well with others, flexible approach to working hours, ability to work to tight deadlines
- English is used in daily work, however knowledge of German is considered to be an advantage.
Being part of a young, ambitious team, we offer you the opportunity to work on some of the most important modelling techniques applied in quantitative risk management of Erste Bank Group's long term positions.
Interested candidates should send their application to
Information concerning Erste Bank group can be found at www.erstebank.at
Head of Group Market Risk Control
Erste Bank der oesterreichischen Sparkassen AG
OE 382 Group Market Risk Control
A-1030 Vienna, Traungasse 12,
Tel: +43 (0)5 0100 - 19052