STELLE NICHT MEHR VAKANT - BITTE NICHT MEHR BEWERBEN!!!
Pre-Doc Position at TU Wien
30 hours/week, for 3 years
Technische Universität Wien, generally referred to as TU Wien, is located in the heart of Europe, a place where one can experience cultural diversity and international life. Research, teaching and learning have been conducted here in the service of progress for more than 200 years. TU Wien is amongst Europe’s most successful universities of technology and, with over 27,000 students and a staff of about 5,000, is Austria’s largest scientific and engineering research and education institution.
The Institute of Statistics and Mathematical Methods in Economics, research unit Risk Management in Financial and Actuarial Mathematics at TU Wien in collaboration with Athora Holding Ltd. (Athora), www.athora.com, is offering a Pre-Doc position for 30 hours/week for 3 years time. Expected start: 01.02.2024.
Application deadline: October 28, 2023
Application submission: email@example.com
- Research and project activity in insurance mathematics in collaboration with Athora.
- Writing a dissertation and publications in the area of insurance mathematics.
- Participation in scientific events.
- Collaboration with scientific partners in presence in Vienna, London, Dublin and Edinburgh.
- At the start of employment, the successful applicant must hold a Master's degree (or equivalent) in Insurance and/or Financial Mathematics, Business Mathematics or similar with the main subject Mathematics.
- Some prior knowledge in Numerics and/or Economics would be an advantage.
- Experience in the following scientific fields: Probability Theory, Stochastics.
- Very good English skills.
- Interest in research.
- Very good communicative skills and team competences.
- German skills would be an advantage.
- Central location in Vienna with very good accessibility (U1/U4 Karlsplatz).
- A creative environment in one of the most liveable cities in the world.
- Working on real-life problems.
- Experiencing the atmosphere of the City of London.
- A job contract with Athora in case of the successful completion of PhD.
Your application should include:
- Statement of interest (Motivationsschreiben – 1 page max)
- Curriculum vitae,
- Copies of academic credentials (with translation if not in English or German),
- Contact information of two referees or two reference letters.
All files (in PDF format) should be zipped in one folder and emailed to Assoc.-Prof. Dr. Julia Eisenberg (firstname.lastname@example.org), including a brief cover letter in the main body of the email and subject: Application for PhD.
Candidates should ask their two referees to send their letters directly to
Assoc.-Prof. Dr. Julia Eisenberg (email@example.com).
Disclaimer: The position will be only filled if a suitable candidate is found and the project partner agrees.
For questions please contact Assoc.-Prof. Dr. Julia Eisenberg: firstname.lastname@example.org
TU Wien is committed to increase female employment in leading scientific positions. Female candidates are explicitly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given when equally qualified.
People with special needs are equally encouraged to apply. In case of any questions, please contact the confidant for disabled persons at the university (contact: email@example.com)
Entry level salary as a predoctoral researcher is covered by level B1 of the Austrian Collective Agreement for university staff, and receives a minimum of currently EUR 2.458,00/month gross, 14 times/year. Relevant working experiences may increase the monthly income.
We look forward to receiving your application until 28.10.2023.