STELLE NICHT MEHR VAKANT - BITTE NICHT MEHR BEWERBEN!!!
Teaching and Research Associate
You want to understand how things are connected and make a fundamental impact? We offer an environment where you can realize your full potential. At one of Europe’s largest and most modern business and economics universities. On a campus where quality of work is also quality of life. We are looking for support at the
Institute for Statistics and Mathematics
Part-time, 30 hours/week
Starting October 01, 2023, and ending after 6 years
You want to deepen your interest in your research topic in mathematics for economics and business while gaining your first teaching experience? This position opens doors to either an academic or an industry career.
What to expect
- As a successful candidate you will be member of WU's newly founded PhD-label Mathematics in Economics and Business (a special track within the PhD Program in Economics and Social Science offering a modern interdisciplinary scientific education in the area of mathematics for economics and business, see https://www.wu.ac.at/en/statmath/phd-label-mathematics-in-economics-and-business).
- You will carry out research work in the field of mathematics for economics and business in one of the research areas of the institute (stochastic processes and financial mathematics; statistics and computing; optimization), typically with a focus on applications in finance and economics. The research projects will comprise all aspects of applied mathematics, from model development and mathematical analysis to numerical implementation and statistical estimation of models and they should lead to a PhD thesis compliant with the academic standards of WU.
- You will have teaching and supervision duties at the undergraduate level (2hrs of teaching per week).
- Writing a dissertation: You will be investigating your research topic and spending a third of your working hours on writing your dissertation.
What you have to offer
- MSc or diploma in applied mathematics or, alternatively, an MSc in either quantitative finance, quantitative economics, or statistics, with a strong mathematical background
- Very good background in stochastics (probability theory and statistics)
- Good English as well as good programming skills
- Pedagogical and presentation skills
- Academic degree: You have a diploma/master’s degree that qualifies you for enrollment in a doctoral program at WU.
- Willingness to use multimedia teaching methods: You have experience in using multimedia teaching and learning formats or are at least willing to learn
German language skills are not a prerequisite, but we expect the willingness to familiarize yourself with German over time. Some prior background in economics or finance is an advantage.
We offer a stimulating interdisciplinary research environment in an attractive city. For further information, contact either Prof. Birgit Rudloff (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Prof. Rüdiger Frey (email@example.com).
What we offer you
- A top business and economics university with renowned experts on the faculty and a diverse range of subjects, triple accredited
- Excellent infrastructure, both technologically and architecturally, and a wide range of WU service units
- Diversity and appreciation in an open-minded, inclusive and family-friendly environment
- Flexibility and individual freedom thanks to flexible working hours
- Inspiring campus life with over 2,400 employees in research, teaching, and administration and approximately 21,500 students on a conveniently located, architecturally unique campus in the heart of Vienna
- Meaningful work in a pleasant working atmosphere
The minimum monthly gross salary amounts to € 2,457.98 (14 times per year). This salary may be adjusted based on job-related prior work experience. In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive social benefits.
Do you want to join the WU team?
Then please submit your application by March 22, 2023 under www.wu.ac.at/jobs (ID 1667).
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Our goal is to make sure it is safe for students and employees to study and work on campus in person. Therefore, WU recommends to ensure sufficient vaccination protection against Covid-19 at all times.
(direct link to the job offer)
At the application please refer to the FAM-jobs webpage.