[FAM-news] reminder for upcoming seminars and talks

Sandra Trenovatz sandra at fam.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Sep 17 01:25:36 CEST 2012

Talks at University of Vienna

Tu, 18.09.2012, 15:00, seminar room D 1.01
1040 Wien, Nordbergstraße 15, University of Vienna, UZA 4, 1st floor

    Lavinia Ostafe (University of Vienna)
    "Asymptotic Arbitrage under Transaction Costs"
    (Public PhD Thesis Defense)

Tu, 18.09.2012, 17:00, seminar room C 2.09
1040 Wien, Nordbergstraße 15, University of Vienna, UZA 4, 2nd floor

    Luciano Campi (University Paris 13)
    https://sites.google.com/site/lucianocampi1/
    "Explicit constructions of dynamic Brownian and Bessel bridges"

We, 19.09.2012, 10:30, seminar room C 2.09
1040 Wien, Nordbergstraße 15, University of Vienna, UZA 4, 2nd floor

    Bruno Bouchard (Université Paris-Dauphine)
    http://www.ceremade.dauphine.fr/~bouchard/bouchard.htm
    "Stochastic Target Games and applications in finance"

We, 19.09.2012, 15:00, seminar room D 1.01
1040 Wien, Nordbergstraße 15, University of Vienna, UZA 4, 1st floor

    Johannes Temme (University of Vienna)
    http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/~jtemme/
    "Aspects of Taking and Avoiding Risk"
    (Public PhD Thesis Defense)

Event at Wolfgang Pauli Institute

Three-Day-Conference

  +-------------------------------------------
  | "Financial Engineering for Energy and Commodity
  | Risk Management and hedging of Commodity Derivatives"

September 17-19, 2012 (Monday to Wednesday),
registration starting at: 9:00, talks starting at: 10:00
Wolfgang Pauli Institut / University of Vienna,
1090 Wien, Nordbergstrasse 15, UZA 2, Lecture Hall / Hörsaal 3 (HS3)

Program & Abstracts:     NEW!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
http://www.math.nyu.edu/~laurence/Wpi/program-conference-2012.pdf

Conference web site:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
http://www.wpi.ac.at/theme_view.php?id_theme=86
and/or "Conference II" on:
http://www.math.nyu.edu/~laurence/Wpi/vienna-Energy-bis.htm

Event at Johannes Kepler University Linz

1st Austrian Stochastics Days
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

September 24-25 (Monday to Tuesday), Johannes Kepler University Linz
http://stochastics-mathematics.uibk.ac.at/stochasticsdays/

General information:
    The Austrian Stochastics Days are intended to provide scientists
    and young researchers working in Stochastics an opportunity to
    meet each other and present there results.

Organizing committee:
    Evelyn Buckwar (Universität Linz)
    Christel Geiss (Universität Innsbruck)
    Erika Hausenblas (Montanuniversitaet Leoben)

Registration (deadline: Sept. 13):
    To register, send an e-mail to <austrian.stochasticdays at gmail.com>.

Talk (deadline: Sept. 13):
    If you would like to give a talk please send an abstract in Latex
    to <austrian.stochasticdays at gmail.com>.

Accommodation (deadline: Sept. 3):
    Regarding accommodation, please make your own reservation at
    the Sommerhaus http://www.sommerhaus-hotel.at/en/

Event organised by FAM @ TU Wien

PRisMa 2012: One-Day Workshop on Portfolio Risk Management

Friday, October 5th, 2012, Vienna University of Technology
http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/prisma2012/

Organized by:
    PRisMa Lab, http://www.prismalab.at/
    Prof. Dr. Uwe Schmock (FAM @ TU Wien)

Sponsored by:
    Christian Doppler Research Association
    Bank Austria
    Austrian Federal Financing Agency (ÖBFA)
    COR&FJA
    Österreichische Kontrollbank (OeKB)

Participation and Registration:
    Participation is free, and there is no official registration -
    nevertheless for administrative reasons we would be happy if
    you write a short email to our secretary (fam at fam.tuwien.ac.at)
    with your name and university or company.

CPD:
    For actuaries, this workshop counts up to 5.5 points for their
    continuing professional development. For a corresponding certificate,
    please register in advance for the morning and/or afternoon part of
    the workshop by sending an email with your name and postal address
    to the workshop secretary (see below) and sign up when you actually
    attend the workshop.