[FAM-news] Tenure track position in Stochastic Analysis/Mathematical Finance (fwd)

Andreas Schamanek schamane at fam.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Dec 21 12:48:32 CET 2004

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Walter Schachermayer <wschach at fam.tuwien.ac.at>
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:58:11 -0500
From: John Chadam <chadam at imap.pitt.edu>
Subject: Tenure track position in Stochastic Analysis/Mathematical Finance

Dear Colleague

This is to let you know that this year we will be interviewing
candidates for a tenure stream position at the Assistant Professor
level in the area of Stochastic Analysis/Mathematical Finance.
Details of the position, along with information about the application
procedures, can be found on the Mathematics Department web site
www.math.pitt.edu as well as on the AMS and SIAM job postings. For
your convenience a copy of the ad is attached.

We will begin looking at completed applications on January 3, 2005
and continue the interviewing process until the position is filled. I
should be grateful if you were to pass this information on to
potential applicants. Candidates should have an outstanding track
record of pure or applied research in some area of financial
mathematics.

Yours sincerely

John Chadam

My apologies if you get this message more than once !

  [MS Word attachment converted to plain text by admin, see below]

                 Stochastic Analysis/Mathematical Finance

  The Mathematics Department of the University of Pittsburgh invites
  applications for a tenure-track position in Stochastic
  Analysis/Mathematical Finance to begin in the Fall Term 2005,
  pending budgetary approval. The appointment is at the Assistant
  Professor level. We seek excellence in teaching and research so
  applicants should demonstrate substantial research accomplishment
  and dedication to teaching. Send a vita, three letters of
  recommendation, a research statement and evidence of teaching
  accomplishments to: Search Committee in Stochastic Analysis,
  Department of Mathematics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
  15260. Review of completed files will begin on January 3, 2005 and
  continue until the position is filled. The University of Pittsburgh
  is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and
  members of minority groups under-represented in academia are
  especially encouraged to apply.