[FAM-news] Samos 2002
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 14:19:08 +0100 (MET)
2nd CONFERENCE IN ACTUARIAL SCIENCE AND FINANCE IN SAMOS SEPTEMBER 20-22,
The Department of Statistics & Actuarial Science of the University of the
Aegean is pleased to host the 2nd Conference in Actuarial Science and
Finance, to be held in Samos, on September 20-22, 2002.
This event is jointly organized with the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
(Department of Applied Economics and Department of Mathematics) and the
Université catholique de Louvain (Institute of Statistics and Actuarial
research group), Belgium.
The Conference allows the presentation of the latest works in the area of
actuarial science and finance. It is open to all persons interested in
actuarial science and finance, be they from universities, insurance
companies, banks, consulting firms or regulatory authorities. The
conference aims to facilitate the contact and the communication between the
practicians and the researchers; a special session will be devoted to
different aspects of actuarial practice.
The main topics include
· Life, pension and health insurance
· Collective Risk Models, Dynamic Solvency Testing
· Claims Distributions and Statistics
· Nonlife insurance
· Extreme Value Theory and Applications
· Financial Risk Management
A number of sessions will explore the different aspects of these areas.
There will be 3 pre-conference short courses from September 16-19, 2002:
· Extreme values with applications in insurance and finance, by Professor
· Modelling dependence in actuarial science and finance, by Professor J. Dhaene
· Building projected lifetables and managing the longevity risk, by
Professor M. Denuit
Postgraduate students and young researchers are specially welcome.
For further information, please refer to
Institut de Statistique
Université Catholique de Louvain
Voie du Roman Pays, 20
e-mail : email@example.com
tel: + 32 10/ 47 30 52
fax : + 32 10/ 47 30 32