STELLE NICHT MEHR VAKANT - BITTE NICHT MEHR BEWERBEN!!!
UNIQA - Better grow together.
Actuary / Mathematician / Quant - scientific education with ideally modeling experience (f/m/d)
As one of the leading insurance companies, we know that together we can achieve more. At UNIQA, we are therefore the community for a better life. We use our individual skills to shape the future together. Tell us about your strengths and apply!
UNIQA Group, one of the best branded Insurance Groups operating in CEE, is searching for motivated people supporting the group-wide mathematical unit for Property & Casualty insurance (i.e. the Actuarial Non-Life team) in the UNIQA Group Actuarial Department.
The primary objective of the open position is the evaluation and monitoring of insurance portfolios based on mathematical models as well as the development / implementation of Group wide standards and tools with a special focus on technical provisions and risk evaluation in an international context.
To support our young and dynamic team in various tasks, we are looking for an ambitious and service-oriented Actuary / Mathematician / Quant - scientific education with ideally modeling experience (f/m/d) with an interest in coding / data handling, insurance mathematics and statistical modelling.
You can expect a solid on-the-job training within the Group, with focus on different actuarial practice areas. Due to our broad net of international UNIQA subsidiaries and AT-units (“Landesdirektionen”) we can offer an individual solution for the working-place. Moreover, we are offering continues education possibilities within UNIQA Group ("lifelong learning”).
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Monitoring of profitability and portfolio developments in different international business units
- Calculation and validation of claims reserves under IFRS 17 (based on statistical models)
- Supporting the implementation / further developments of tools & methods in new IFRS 17-regime
- Collaboration and implementation of Group standards and roll-out to international business units
- Supporting the Group’s Solvency II calculation: Technical Provisions & Underwriting Risk Non-Life
- Collaboration in different team- and group-projects
- Further development of existing tools & DWH solutions (Excel, VBA, SAS, R, Python)
- Business Units-support / Know-How & best practice transfer within the UNIQA Group
- Sound mathematical education (statistics / quantitative background)
- Preferably 2-3 years of working experience in a mathematical / technical environment
- Knowledge of basic modeling techniques preferred
- Knowledge of accounting / risk regimes (local GAAP, IFRS, Solvency II) would help
- Very good know-how of MS Office
- At least one programming language at advanced level (e.g. VBA, R, Python)
- Good knowledge of data handling (SAS or SQL)
- Fluent in English, German skills appreciated, CE / SEE language of advantage
Your core competencies:
- Collaborates: We collaborate beyond conventional boundaries
- Action Oriented: We take action and learn from our mistakes
- Finding effective solutions: You aim for simple and feasible solutions. You ensure the efficient use of your team's resources
- Strengthening ownership: You delegate tasks and motivate your team to act independently. You create the framework and provide the necessary freedom to enable this
The ability to understand and solve complex problems is an essential competence in our team. As we are implementing new methods and standards for the Group the job also allows the development of creative answers to various topics. The position is meant to be full time. However, part time employment is an option.
At UNIQA, we live diversity. We recognize and foster the value of different perspectives in our teams and leadership positions. Therefore, we welcome applications that enrich our diversity.
You are not sure if you meet our requirements? Apply anyway! UNIQA is looking for candidates with drive, courage to change and enthusiasm!
Job Key Facts
- Location: Wien, AT
- Department: Non-Life Actuarial
- Hours per week: 38,5
- Annual minimum salary gross (Euro): 40.414,08
- Start Date: from now on
(direct link to the job offer)
You strive for more than the minimum - so do we! We will agree on your actual salary depending on your education and experience during the recruiting process.
We look forward to getting to know you in a first interview online. Additional meetings are held in person at our head quarters in Vienna.
Your benefits at one sight:
- Appealing career opportunities and a wide range of further education
- Central role in the development of the digital future of UNIQA Insurance Group
- Challenging topics in a dynamic working environment
- Company outings and events to improve team spirit and teamwork
- Company pension scheme
- Family-friendly company including additional benefits
- Flexible working hours through flexitime agreements, possibility for Home Office
- Multinational working environment and collaborations across UNIQA Insurance Group
- Office in the heart of Vienna
- Onboarding program, guidance and support from experienced colleagues and leaders since day one
- Open communication and feedback culture within the company
- Our headquarters, the innovative UNIQA Tower, offers open structures, relaxing break areas, a restaurant with high quality and inexpensive lunches as well as a café and a discounted membership for the in-house gym (John Harris).
- Solution-oriented external consulting & coaching for all employees and their relatives (online or on-site, at 9 locations in Austria)
Your Person of Contact
Untere Donaustraße 21
A - 1029 Wien
Tel.: +43 664 888 270 52
(direct link to the job offer)
Bei der Bewerbung bitte auf die FAM-jobs Seite verweisen.