STELLE NICHT MEHR VAKANT - BITTE NICHT MEHR BEWERBEN!!!
Assistant Professor, non-tenure track
You want to understand how things are connected and make a fundamental impact? We offer an environment where you can realize your full potential. At one of Europe's largest and most modern business and economics universities. On a campus where quality of work is also quality of life. We are looking for support at the
Institute for Statistics and Mathematics
Fulltime, 40 hours/week
Starting August 15, 2022, and limited until September 30, 2024
You want to deepen your interest in your research topic in financial mathematics and/or optimization while gaining teaching experience? This position opens doors to either an academic or industry career. All genders are welcome!
What to expect
- Independent as well as collaborative research within the Financial Mathematics and Optimization group chaired by Birgit Rudloff, focusing on methodological and computational aspects within new research topics at the intersection of optimization and financial mathematics
- Possible research topics could include dynamic vector optimization with focus on applications in finance and economics, dynamic Nash games, or systemic risk
- Providing teaching assistance, and holding courses and examinations (Teaching load of four hours/week each semester)
- Contributing to organizational and administrative tasks
What you have to offer
- PhD in applied mathematics or equivalent
- Enthusiastic interest in research in optimization and financial mathematics, exemplified through publications in international journals in topics including, but not limited to (vector) optimization, optimization algorithm, Nash games, dynamic programming, systemic risk, risk measures
- Interest in applications in economics, finance, and business
- Excellent programming skills (e.g. Matlab or R)
- Willingness to use multimedia teaching methods: You have experience in using multimedia teaching and learning formats or are at least willing to learn
German language skills are not a prerequisite.
We offer a stimulating interdisciplinary research environment in an attractive city. For further information, you can contact Birgit Rudloff (Birgit.Rudloff@wu.ac.at)or visit www.wu.ac.at.
What we offer you
- A top business and economics university with renowned experts on the faculty and a diverse range of subjects, triple accredited
- Excellent infrastructure, both technologically and architecturally, and a wide range of WU service units
- Diversity and appreciation in an open-minded, inclusive and family-friendly environment
- Flexibility and individual freedom thanks to flexible working hours
- Inspiring campus life with over 2,400 employees in research, teaching, and administration and approximately 21,500 students on a conveniently located, architecturally unique campus in the heart of Vienna
The minimum monthly gross salary amounts to €4.061,50, this salary may be adjusted based on equivalent prior work experience.
Do you want to join the WU team?
Then please submit your application by March 30, 2022 (ID 1332).
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
(direct link to the job offer)
Bei der Bewerbung bitte auf die FAM-jobs Seite verweisen.