STELLE NICHT MEHR VAKANT - BITTE NICHT MEHR BEWERBEN!!!
Teaching and Research Associate
You want to understand how things are connected and make a fundamental impact? We offer an environment where you can realize your full potential. At one of Europe's largest and most modern business and economics universities. On a campus where quality of work is also quality of life. We are looking for support at the
Institute for Statistics and Mathematics
Part-time, 30 hours/week
Starting October, 2022, and ending after 6 years
You want to deepen your interest in your research topic in financial mathematics and/or optimization while gaining your first teaching experience? This position opens doors to either an academic or industry career. All genders are welcome!
What to expect
- You will carry out independent research resulting in a PhD thesis in the field of financial mathematics and/or optimization (possible research topics could include dynamic vector optimization with a focus on applications in finance and economics, dynamic Nash games, systemic risk).
- The research projects will comprise all aspects of applied mathematics, from model development and mathematical analysis to numerical implementations.
- You will be member of WU's newly founded PhD-label Mathematics in Economics and Business (a special track within the PhD Program in Economics and Social Science offering a modern interdisciplinary scientific education in the area of mathematics for economics and business, see https://www.wu.ac.at/en/statmath/phd-label-mathematics-in-economics-and-business).
- Writing a dissertation: You will be investigating your research topic and spending a third of your working hours on writing your dissertation.
- Teaching and supervision duties at the undergraduate level (2hrs of teaching per week)
What you have to offer
- Academic degree: You have a diploma/master's degree in applied mathematics or, alternatively, an MSc in either quantitative finance or in quantitative economics with a strong mathematical background that qualifies you for enrollment in a doctoral program at WU.
- Strong background in stochastics (probability theory) or optimization is desirable
- Good English as well as programming skills
- Pedagogical and presentation skills
- Willingness to use multimedia teaching methods: You have experience in using multimedia teaching and learning formats or are at least willing to learn
German language skills are not a prerequisite.
Some prior background in economics or finance is an advantage.
We offer a stimulating interdisciplinary research environment in an attractive city. For further information, you can contact Birgit Rudloff (Birgit.Rudloff@wu.ac.at) or visit www.wu.ac.at.
What we offer you
- A top business and economics university with renowned experts on the faculty and a diverse range of subjects, triple accredited
- Excellent infrastructure, both technologically and architecturally, and a wide range of WU service units
- Diversity and appreciation in an open-minded, inclusive and family-friendly environment
- Flexibility and individual freedom thanks to flexible working hours
- Inspiring campus life with over 2,400 employees in research, teaching, and administration and approximately 21,500 students on a conveniently located, architecturally unique campus in the heart of Vienna
- Meaningful work in a pleasant working atmosphere
The minimum monthly gross salary amounts to €2,293.95, this salary may be adjusted based on job-related prior work experience.
Do you want to join the WU team?
Then please submit your application by 20.04.2022 (ID 1334).
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
(direct link to the job offer)
Bei der Bewerbung bitte auf die FAM-jobs Seite verweisen.