STELLE NICHT MEHR VAKANT - BITTE NICHT MEHR BEWERBEN!!!
Senior Lecturer post doc
You want to understand how things are connected and make a fundamental impact? We offer an environment where you can realize your full potential. At one of Europe's largest and most modern business and economics universities. On a campus where quality of work is also quality of life. We are looking for support at the
Institute for Statistics and Mathematics
Part-time, 35 hours/week
Starting February 01, 2022, and limited until July 31, 2023
You will be responsible for independent academic teaching in mathematics and statistics in the context of the WU bachelor programs BAWISO (German) and BBE (English) and in various master programs offered by WU. Your job comprises in particular the delivery of lectures, the development of existing and new teaching formats, the supervision of bachelor theses and organizational duties in the context of academic teaching. Moreover, we expect that you participate in the academic discourse at the institute for statistics and mathematics.
What to expect
Specific responsibilities in this job include
- Academic teaching in mathematics and statistics and in the context of WU's bachelor programs; teaching hours comprise approximately 10.5 hrs/week (the exact amount depends on the other duties taken over by the successful applicant).
- Planning, development and quality control for lectures teaching in mathematics and statistics, both for classroom, hybrid and online formats
- Supervision of academic theses on the bachelor level
- Managerial duties (Planpunktverantwortung) in mathematics/statistics
- Organization of exams in mathematics and statistics
- Academic support for WUs central entrance exam
- Supervision of tutors in the fields of mathematics and statistics
What you have to offer
- Doctorate/PhD in mathematics, statistics or equivalent (upon commencement of the contract)
- Teaching experience in mathematics or statistics at the university level
- Proven abilityto teach in German and English
- Excellent didactic skills, documented for instance in teaching evaluations
- Experience in the supervision of academic theses
- Willingness to use multimedia teaching methods: You have experience in using multimedia teaching and learning formats or are at least willing to learn
- Scientific expertise in mathematics / statistics and their application in economics and business
- Willingness to participate in the scientific discourse at the institute for statistics and mathematics
What we offer you
- A top business and economics university with renowned experts on the faculty and a diverse range of subjects, triple accredited
- Excellent infrastructure, both technologically and architecturally, and a wide range of WU service units
- Diversity and appreciation in an open-minded, inclusive and family-friendly environment
- Flexibility and individual freedom thanks to flexible working hours
- Inspiring campus life with over 2,400 employees in research, teaching, and administration and approximately 21,500 students on a conveniently located, architecturally unique campus in the heart of Vienna
- Generous support for continuing education
- Meaningful work in a pleasant working atmosphere
The minimum monthly gross salary amounts to €3,452.66, this salary may be adjusted based on equivalent prior work experience.
Do you want to join the WU team?
Then please submit your application by November 24, 2021 (ID 1185).
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
(direct link to the job offer)
Bei der Bewerbung bitte auf die FAM-jobs Seite verweisen.