2021-09-24 (gültig bis max. 2021-11-24)
UNIQA Insurance Group
We, UNIQA Group, are seeking a Senior Life Actuary to join our team as an internal model specialist in the Group Actuarial department. The position is located at our head office in Vienna, Austria. Come join our international and dynamic team!
If you want to be join our team, apply here as:
Senior Life Actuary / Internal Model Specialist (f/m/d)
Our team focuses on reserving in the life insurance field, including IFRS 17, Solvency II, Market Consistent Embedded Value (MCEV) and IFRS 4. UNIQA is the first insurer in the Austrian market to develop a full internal model. This project will present interesting and challenging opportunities in our team for the years to come. Our way of working is characterized by attention to detail, problem-solving, flexibility and taking ownership.
Your main responsibilities
- Leading the Life Underwriting Risk workstream in the full internal model project
- Developing and implementing related methodology/guidelines for the Group
- Adapting the UNIQA Austria life insurance Prophet model to provide outputs for the internal model
- Identifying and modelling risk factors for Life Underwriting Risks
- Driving forward progress and ensuring the achievement of project milestones
- Managing and delegating to external consultants involved in the project
- Liaising with the Austrian Financial Market Authority (FMA)
- Collaborating with other workstreams and Business Units involved in the project
- Supporting the implementation of IFRS 17 in all UNIQA subsidiaries
- Carrying out reserving calculations for UNIQA Austria in Prophet
- Several years of actuarial experience in the life insurance field
- University degree in actuarial science, mathematics or statistics
- Proficiency with an actuarial reserving software (preferred: Prophet)
- Expert knowledge in Solvency II
- Experience or knowledge of IFRS 17 is an asset
- Proficient knowledge of MS-Office, especially Excel; VBA programming is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and team player mentality
- Fluent in English, with fluency in German as a distinct asset
Your core competencies
- Fast learning: being able to learn quickly and find solutions
- Strong communication skills: build up constructive and effective working relationships
- Active working style: approach challenging new topics with energy
- Result-oriented: able to reach goals in a reliable and timely manner
- Office in the heart of Vienna and possibility of mobile working
- Open communication and feedback culture within the company
- Family-friendly company including additional benefits
- Appealing career opportunities and a wide range of further education
- Company pension scheme
- Onboarding program, guidance and support from experienced colleagues and leaders since day one
- Flexible working hours through flexitime agreements
Annual minimum wage according to collective agreement: EUR 60.000 - gross. We are prepared to exceed depending on qualification and experience.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
(direct link to the job offer)
Bei der Bewerbung bitte auf die FAM-jobs Seite verweisen.