STELLE NICHT MEHR VAKANT - BITTE NICHT MEHR BEWERBEN!!!
The world is changing at an ever-faster pace. At the Johannes Kepler University Linz, we work on technologies and the
ideas of tomorrow on a daily basis. At the same time, we educate over 21,000 young people to meet the demands of todayís
job market. In short, we are Upper Austriaís largest institution for education and research. Are you interested in being a part
of shaping the future of Austriaís most attractive campus university? We currently have an immediate job opening for a:
Graduate Project Assistant (must hold a Diploma/Masterís degree)
for a 40-hour/week position at the Institute for Knowledge-Based Mathematical
Systems, to March 31, 2022 (with an option to extend)
Job Reference Number: 4468
- Actively take part in the departmentís areas of research in machine learning, statistical learning theory, and copula modelling
- Conduct scientific work in the above-mentioned fields by studying, attaining new findings, developing, assessing, and applying methods in statistical learning theory and copula modeling
- Be strongly motivated to write a dissertation
- Disseminate findings in scientific publications as well as in the research community
- Collaborate (including regular reporting and discussion of findings) with institute colleagues
- The successful candidate must hold a Diploma/Masterís degree, preferably in Mathematics or in Statistics, Computer Science (or a corresponding discipline) (minimal ECTS points: 300)
- A strong background in stochastics, functional analysis and algebra, ideally with expertise in statistical learning theory and/or copula modelling
- Experience in programming, especially with Mathematica, R and/or Python
- Proficiency in English (spoken and written)
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team, work accurately with precision, and quickly grasp new concepts and adapt to new situations
What We Offer:
- On the basis of full-time employment (40 hours/week) the minimum salary in accordance with the collective agreement is € 2,971.50 gross per month (14 x per year, CA Job Grade: B1)
- Stable employer
- Attractive campus environment with good public transportation connections
- Attractive continual educational opportunities
- State-of-the-art research infrastructure
- Dynamic research environment
- Broad range of on-campus dining services/healthy meals (organic food at the cafeteria)
- Exercise and sports classes (USI)
- ...and much more
March 24, 2021.
The Johannes Kepler University wishes to increase the proportion of academic female faculty and, for this reason,
especially welcomes applications by qualified women. If applicants are equally qualified, a woman will be given preference
for this position. The university welcomes applications from qualified applicants with physical disabilities. These applications
will be given special consideration.
How to Apply:
Prospective applicants interested in the multifaceted position are requested to electronically send an application in
adherence to the stated criteria together with the requested documentation and a letter of motivation via mail to email@example.com.
If you have questions, please contact: Assoc.Prof. Susanne Saminger-Platz, P +43 732 2468 4146,
Bei der Bewerbung bitte auf die FAM-jobs Seite verweisen.